I am currently in the process of developing my Christmas list and of course, the first gift idea I think of is makeup. There was a particular person that I was thinking about when I was reviewing eyeshadow palettes, but I thought I would share some of my favourites this season.
Urban Decay Naked 3 — $64.00, Sephora.
- Strange (pale neutral pink matte-satin)
- Dust (pale metallic pink shimmer w/iridescent micro-glitter)
- Burnout (light pinky-peach satin)
- Limit (light dusty rose matte)
- Buzz (metallic rose shimmer w/silver micro-glitter)
- Trick (light metallic pinky-copper shimmer w/tonal micro-sparkle)
- Nooner (medium pinky-brown matte)
- Liar (medium metallic mauve shimmer)
- Factory (pinky-brown satin)
- Mugshot (metallic taupe shimmer w/slight pink shift)
- Darkside (deep taupe-mauve satin)
- Darkheart (smoky black matte w/rosy red micro-sparkle)
I love the velvet texture and the amazing staying power of this eyeshadow. I will typically use this with the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer so it stays in place all day/night. This also has some beautiful shades for the holiday season (Buzz is my favourite!) and very easy to use if you’re heading to a holiday party in a rush.
Kat Von D, Mi Vida Loca Remix — $64.00, Sephora.
- Muse (lilac purple)
- Echo (purple glitter)
- Dark Wave (deep navy)
- Synth (electric blue)
- Hyperballad (sea blue)
- Lemmy (grass green)
- Misfit (kelly green)
- Vinyl (neon green)
- Legend (golden yellow)
- Fran (deep mustard yellow)
- Analogue (burnt orange)
- Harpsichord (metallic bronze)
- Rewind (aubergine)
- Destroyer (bright strawberry)
- Swoon (fuchsia)
- Love (shimmery rose)
- Anthem (purple)
- Vox (chocolate brown)
- Moulder (butter yellow)
- Noble (nude)
- Skulls (iridescent pearl)
- Black Metal (matte black)
- Lyric (white pearl)
- Strutter (taupe)
Looking for that perfect gift for someone who has a bold style, then you definitely need to pick up this palette. The eyeshadows are very pigmented, smooth and blend like a dream. I have recently become interested in Kat Von D products after I tried her tattoo eyeliner and fell in love. The best thing about this palette? You don’t need to choose between neutral colours and bright colours.
Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette — $54.00, Sephora.
- Free Spirit (cream)
- Force Of Nature (nude)
- Dreamer (warm brown)
- Multi-Tasker (chocolate)
- Caregiver (pale pink)
- Natural Beauty (mauve)
- Best Friend (mulberry)
- Bombshell (dark plum)
- Super Mom (ivory)
- Wanderer (light brown)
- Power Player (taupe)
- Fashionista (black)
Hooray for the perfect matte eyeshadow palette! One of the biggest wins for me with this palette is that it doesn’t crease. Of course, this palette features tarte’s signature Amazonian clay-infused, long-wear eye shadows in a mix of liner, lid, and crease shadow shades. Also, if you are giving this to someone who is worried about the ingredients used in this palette, it is formulated without parabens and phthalates.
Urban Decay Naked Basics — $34.00, Sephora.
- Venus (soft, off-white demi-matte)
- Foxy (very light yellow/white matte)
- Walk of Shame (very light nude matte)
- Naked 2 (taupe matte)
- Faint (warm, dusty brown matte)
- Crave (deepest, darkest brown/black matte)
I’ve used this palette on several occasions and on an everyday basis. If you are looking to give an eyeshadow palette to someone who might not have a lot of makeup, or someone who uses makeup on the off occasion, this a great place to start. This a great everyday palette and I’ve used the faint shade for my brows and the crave shade for liner in the past. This is also the most travel friendly palette that I’ve mentioned, which is great for someone who is always on the go.
What is your favourite eyeshadow palette? Let me know in the comments below!