Today is the day! Fifty Shades of Grey is in theatres and since I’ve read the books and watch a pre-screening of the movie earlier this week (yay!), I could not wait to get home and try this blush set for myself. Inspired by the movie, Make Up For Ever launched various makeup sets. Today, I’m sharing a quick review of the Desire Me Cheek Set.
In the kit, it includes:
- 3 Artist Shadow blushes in the shades I-526, I-808, and S-748;
- a travel precision blush brush in 150;
- and an exclusive keepsake pouch.
When I applied the colour with my fingers, it was gorgeous. The highlighting colour is probably my favourite in the set because I didn’t need as much product to give myself a great glow. The soft pink colour is also beautiful if you are planning to go for a more natural flush. It would be a great colour to apply on an everyday basis. The orange/ red tone blush was definitely the most interesting in the palette. I thought I would end up with orange cheeks! However, this blush is more sheer than I thought, but I probably will only use this when I am slightly more tanned.
I like the quality of the brush overall but to apply this blush, it comes off very sheer. If you purchase this set and are not happy with the colour pay off on your cheeks, trying applying it with a firmer brush.
I’m a sucker for packaging. When it comes to this set, the box that the product comes in is gorgeous, as well as the keepsake pouch. Beyond that, there is not much to identify it as a Fifty Shades of Grey special collection. The actual palette and brush could be sold completely separate and there are no identifiable markers that link it to the movie.
For the keepsake pouch, I don’t think I will be using it to store my blush or any other makeup for the matter. Although the charm is gorgeous, the only practical thing I can see myself using this for is holding jewelry when I travel.
I also loved the pamphlet inside the set that details the suggested usage. I think if I wanted to recreate her look from the movie, these makeup tips are great.
Unlock Her Healthy Glow
– Apply Artist Shadow I-526 and S-748 to the apples of the cheek with Precision Blush Brush 150.
– Sweep outwards towards the hairline.
Unlock Her Highlighted Cheek Look
– Mix Artist Shadow I-808 and S-748. Apply to the upper cheekbone with Precision Blush Brush 150.
– Blend towards the temples and stretch across the brow bone.
Unlock Her Classic Cheek Look
– Apply Artist Shadow I-808 to the apples of the cheek with Precision Blush Brush 150.
– Layer Artist Shadow I-526 and S-748 with Precision Blush Brush 150 over the cheekbone and sweep outwards towards the hairline.
Press samples were received for editorial consideration. Any opinions expressed are my own. This is not a sponsored post.
– LATEST POSTS –
- Gift Ideas for Disney Lovers | 2020 Gift Guide | Beauty and Bits
- Gift Ideas for the Self-Care Fan | 2020 Gift Guide | Beauty and Bits
- The Best 2020 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals | Beauty and Bits
- My Favourite Beauty Tools | Beauty and Bits
- Sephora Beauty Insider Sale – Top Picks | Beauty and Bits