I have taken plenty of photos (well, more selfies than ever before but moving on) some good, some well… interesting. Along the way, I have picked up some tips and tricks for taking a great photo. Here are some of my favourites:
Avoid the Dreaded Double Chin
It happens to the best of us. Usually me. In a group photo – but there are ways to reduce this from happening. I found that even if you don’t actually have a double chin, depending on the angle of the photo, there is still a chance that this can happen. To avoid this, elongate your neck, push your face forward and chin down slightly. Now I know what your thinking – well that’s awkward – but I promise you, your photos will look great and you will only have to do this for a short period of time.
Also, pay attention to how the photo is being taken. What angle is the camera at? If you can raise the camera slightly above you, it will prevent you from looking like you have two chins.
The Perfect Smile 🙂
I learned this a couple of years back and apparently celebrities use this trick to get the perfect smile. Now remember that keeping your teeth white is also important, but if you put your tongue behind your teeth when you smile (showing no teeth, or showing teeth), you will avoid a too-wide grin.
Work your angles like Cara Delevingne
Look at recent photos of yourself and check to see if there is an angle your prefer. Looking at the camera straight on might not be as flattering. Try turning your head to a three-quarter position (left or right side depending on your preference) to give your face more dimension.
Make Up for Photos
1. Primer for the win! Applying primer can create a smooth canvas to your skin for a flawless complexion.
2. Fill in your brows. This will help you look wide awake and prevent you from being washed out. Try the Anastasia Brow Wiz, it’s my favourite for flawless brows.
3. Had a tough night? Add eye drops to your eyes to make them look more awake
4. Add Blush, Bronzer & Highlighter. If you have time to add this to your face beforehand, do it! These items will add dimension and create definition to your cheekbones. A great option is the Urban Decay Naked Flushed.
5. Pick up photo foundation for a great smooth finish. My favourite is Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. It’s an oil-free, medium coverage foundation that is great for covering up any imperfections.
I hope these tips have helped for your next perfect selfie 😉